RAX TIMYR FEAT. KISHAN AMIN AND AMBIKA JOIS
The year 2013 is geared to kick start with producer Rax Timyr’s first production introducing a fresh new voice on the UK South Asian music scene Kishan Amin and Bangalore-born singer-songwriter Ambika Jois. On this collaboration, the trio are set to embark upon a grand international release of their single ‘Meri Maa (Vande Mataram)’ to commemorate the Republic Day of India on 26th January 2013.
Together Rax Timyr, Kishan Amin and Ambika Jois collaborated on this melodious, emotional track aiming to target audiences and generations across the world. The powerful and uplifting vibes convey a sense of pride about India as the motherland, their heritage and home as British Indians. Brought up surrounded by influences and lifestyles of both western and Indian nature, Rax, Kishan and Ambika hold a strong understanding and sentiment towards Indian arts, culture and love for Indian music. The enchanting lyrics of ‘Meri Maa’ were written by Mumbai-based writer Sunil Sirvaiya and the track was composed and produced by Rax with the support and advice of renowned musician, violinist and string arranger from Bangalore – Violin Chandru – from UK’s well known string arrangement team “Bollywood Strings”, Guru and father of Ambika Jois.
Joint quote about the song from Rax Timyr, Kishan Amin and Ambika Jois :
“Meri Maa (Vande Mataram) carries the purpose of representing the significance of India, our motherland to her citizens and to remind and restore the importance of our cultural heritage to Indians settled within India and abroad. We are dedicating this song as a gratitude to how we have been raised with Indian values by our parents, in the UK and to all those who have inspired us to recognize, realize and represent our heritage. We were greatly inspired by AR Rahman’s “Maa Tujhe Salaam” from his 1997 Vande Mataram album, and with “Meri Maa” we hope to bring back that sense of patriotism to our people.”
• Republic Day marks India’s adoption of a republic constitution on January 26, 1950, after gaining of independence from British rule in 1947.
• Rax Timyr is a producer from the UK Asian music scene who is making a fresh entrance as a producer who holds credentials that include UK’s renowned Asian music producers Rishi Rich and Mumzy Stranger to name a few. The production of “Meri Maa (Vande Mataram)” featuring Kishan Amin and Ambika Jois follows his recent Bollywood cover of “Saans” from film “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” featuring singers Avina Shah and Kishan Amin with their tribute to late Bollywood film director Yash Chopra.
• Ambika Jois, a singer and songwriter born and partially raised in Bengaluru and currently based in London (UK) stems from a musical background. She trained in Carnatic (South Indian classical) music under Violin Chandru – her father and Guru who himself is a musician, violinist and string arranger She has gained credentials for working with some of the finest established and upcoming musicians in India and UK – in Kannada, Tamil, Hindi and English – such as Vijay Prakash, Praveen D Rao, Bollywood Strings, BBC Concerto Orchestra, Shammi Pithia, Flux, Ash King, Aggi Dukes, Amal Lad, Vernon G Segaram and Charles Bosco to name a few. Ambika is at present newly signed to Rax Timyr Productions and is working on her debut album due to release later this year, that will further define her unique style of sound called ‘Indioul’ (following her debut EP of the same title) which is blend of western soul and Indian styles of music. This album will also feature collaborations with some of the finest musicians on the UK and Indian music scene.
• Kishan Amin is a promising new voice on the UK’s South Asian music scene signed to Rax Timyr Productions, and arguably one of the finest Indian vocalists in the country. With a voice textured to touch hearts, he begins his journey into 2013 with “Meri Maa (Vande Mataram)” alsongside Ambika Jois followed by his forthcoming debut single “Kabhi Na Jaana” from his debut album produced by Rax Timyr, due to be release later this year.
Music video available now on YOUTUBE –
Song available to download from 21st Jan 2013 on –
Artist Links –
Rax Timyr Productions
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/raxtimyr
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/raxtimyr
Artist – Ambika Jois
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/ambikajois
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/ambikajois.music
Artist – Kishan Amin
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/kishanonline
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/kishanaminartist
• For further info contact Rax Timyr Productions’ UK PR – Eastern Illusion – (0044) 7958 734 311 / [email protected]
KANNADA TIMES NEWS-22-1-2013